Friday, August 10, 2012

Reflections


EX9C9329
Originally uploaded by oamcsinger

During the South African mission we are asking members of “Arise O Man,” the name of the combined choruses, to share stories or thoughts about how God is great, what God has done in their lives, how he has provided a way to participate in the mission, or what has made the biggest impression on them during this this mission. Here is one of those stories.


For us back in the US, we call this the “Walk of Faith Mission to Africa.”  As we have done our planning and our fundraising and dreaming, I’ve been really amazed at how we have experienced God’s faith-building process. People are here on the mission who never thought they could afford it. There are engagements with our South Africa friends that we didn’t think was possible, and we’re just hopeful and gratified at the same time to see that God’s hand is moving over all of us on this mission.

Right now, today, the complete story hasn’t yet been written, and we’re excited for what God has in store for us over the next two weeks. It’s very evident that God has been leading in this effort, so we know that he has a great plan, and we’re still learning what God’s plan will be. 

-John Korb, Vancouver, Washington, USA


It was a privilege for me to share what God had done in my life when I gave the devotion for the large group, and to know that each of us had a story that we could share of what God had done for us. And I had an overwhelming sense of gratitude to God for how he’s blessed my life. 

-Ray Ammon, Portland, Oregon, USA


We were at rehearsal in Johannesburg. I think it was after we had just sung The Midnight Cry. Lou was saying that it was this story that we had come to tell in South Africa, Botswana, and beyond to the continent. The fellow sitting next to me—his name was Final—from Botswana, added, “And to a dying world.” 

That really touched me because I had come halfway around the world, and I find that here people are of the same mind as we are, their mission the same as ours. It made me realize that no matter where I go in this world, I am going to find brothers and sisters who have the same hopes and dreams, and the same desires to share the good news with the world. 

-Ray DeHaan, Oregon, USA


Being here makes me realize how incredibly blessed I am. When I went past all the little houses in SOWETO I saw how blessed we all are in America – with my home, my job, my family.  

-Warren Berg, Walla Walla, Washington, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. To prevent spam, all comments will be reviewed by the blog moderator as soon as possible.